Route du Richelieu
Following the Richelieu River, the Richelieu Tourist Route is just 20 minutes from Montreal. You can explore the magnificent landscape of the riverside municipalities by car, motorcycle or bicycle. From the artists of the Vallée-du-Richelieu, to the history of the aboriginal peoples and early settlers of New France, to the Patriotes rebellion, the Route du Richelieu offers a truly cultural and historical experience. Its agri-tourism offerings are sure to satisfy even the most discerning gourmets!
The Route du Richelieu is :
- A natural landscape of immense beauty
- A cultural, historical and heritage theme highlighted by an abundance of
abundance of waterfront tourist attractions
- A typically Monteregian gourmet experience
- Natural habitat of the Bestiaire du Richelieu, an open-air museum of 25 animal works
in each of the riverside municipalities.
- Many restaurants and accommodations along the way to prolong the pleasure!
- An easily accessible route just 20 minutes from Montreal!
- An experience ranging from 4 hours to 4 days depending on your interests
- One of two blue-signposted tourist routes in the
Montérégie, Quebec's garden
- 10 of the most beautiful municipalities in Quebec according to the Fleurons du
- 3 major tourist attractions: Vieux Saint-Jean, Chambly and Beloeil
- A wide range of water sports and outdoor activities